Benefits Of Porcelain Slab Countertops
The list of benefits of choosing porcelain slabs is impressive:
- Heat resistance. Since porcelain slab countertops are cooked at 1,000 degrees or more, they can definitely withstand the heat a stove or oven can generate.
- Stronger. Porcelain slabs are up to 30 percent stronger than other natural stone countertops. There will be no scratches, nicks, chips, or cracks.
- Porcelain slabs need no sealing, unlike other natural stones. It’s not a porous material, so stains and bacteria won’t get into the slab
- Cleanup is a breeze. It’s all about a damp cloth or sponge. Even if you use harsh chemicals like bleach to remove a stain, it won’t damage the porcelain slab.
- There are hundreds of designs and colors.
- Discoloration won’t happen in either the matte or polished styles of porcelain slabs.
- A porcelain slab’s size makes it more versatile than other natural stones. A slab is generally 10 feet by five feet and 2CM or 12mm thick. If it fits in with your design options, slabs could continue from counters into backsplashes, wall panels, cabinet door covers, flooring, and other design options.
- Porcelain slabs are recommended for outdoor use. If homeowners want an outdoor kitchen, then porcelain slabs are the perfect thing. Homeowners can segue their indoor kitchens into their outdoor kitchens without missing a beat.